Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Cruise to Ganges and Sydney, BC

Ahhh... Here we go again!!!









The Georgia Strait was flat as a pond!



And we arrive to Ganges in Salt Spring Island where I was assigned a spot among the BIG BOATS... In front of me I had Bandido who is at least a 120 footer...


Some passers by asked us if we were Bandido's tender...









The Ganges Saturday Market is a must see... walk... and a good place to buy organic and delicatessen products as well as handcrafted art pieces... The crew went to it and brought back several goodies...













After the market walk we were supposed to go to Sydney but I decided that it was too soon, so I had my port engine fail and made the Captain go back to the dock and let the Crew and a friend take My Little Appendix for a ride... Oh boy! They had a blast... raced with other 2 dinghies, water fights, etc...













So, this time I docked right behind my good friend Forever with whom we cruised together the first day... Well, she was sitting there waiting for a Doctor to check a blown exhaust gasket and I was there waiting for that same doctor to check my port engine...













After spending a second night at Ganges and my problem apparently solved we set course to Sydney, or should I say to the "Capital City Yacht Club" at Tsehum Harbor to enjoy a reciprocal moorage... While we were on our way my port engine failed again but we continued our journey anyways...





Let me tell you, this yacht club has some awesome facilities, I was really comfy waiting here for the crew while they took the bus to Victoria in order to see the "Titanic Artifacts" exhibit... Although I have been thinking: Is it a good thing to go to a Titanic exhibit by boat?...










Any way, the crew came back happy and ready to go back home, but it was late already and with only 1 engine available my Captain wisely decided to wait till the morning...

Here we are at Active Passage and I have a big BC Ferry right in front of me!!!













Oh-oh... I have another one right behind me!!! Hurry up, get aside!!!














And here they are crossing side by side right behind me...














Uff!!! All clear, now lets rock and roll with their wake!!!













In this trip we saw several dolphins although the crew was too slow with the camera!!! but the seals are soooooo lazy that they are taking a ride on board this logs being hauled up river at the Fraser's North Arm...














Here is a Google Earth image of this trip...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Qué pasó esta semana? Los terrestres nos hemos quedado con ganas de saber cuáles fueron las aventuras de Dolphin y su tripulación.
Desde México, un saludo

Anonymous said...

You write very well.