Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Cruise to Bowen Island, Gibsons and Gambier Island, BC

It has been some days since we went for the last trip, but until today I got all the pictures I needed to make the report...




Here I am, ready to go again!!!








We started last Saturday, kind of late as my owners had to arrange everything for four kids (my two young crew members and other two visiting crew members from Mexico)...

Let me introduce you to Fernanda...
















And he is Jose Manuel, better known as "Joso"...

Our visiting crew from Mexico!!!





Everybody is ready to go and we set course to Bowen Island... So we followed my friend Tia Lynn, who set anchor at Bowen Island, next to Snug Cove
















And Tia Lynn's Captain Shane took all the kids for a JetSki ride!!!








As I didn't have a slip to stay in Snug Cove we continued our journey all the way to Gibsons in the Sunshine Coast where I had a guaranteed bed to sleep (got a full slip all for myself!)...


Here the crew had a nice dinner... Hey Jojo!!! Do you mind sharing some wings with the rest of us?









Sunday morning, after a shower for the crew in the excellent facilities at Gibson's Marina and not before an excellent breakfast for the crew and a full tank of gas for me, we set course to the West Bay of Gambier Island where we were lucky and found that my Captain's friends were at home and they invited us for lunch in their gorgeus house!!!




Here I am at their dock while the crew is sharing with Martin, Tracey, Anna and James an excellent lunch...







In such an award winning house!!!










Later on we went back to Bowen Island where we met again with Tia Lynn while we waited for the winds to ease a bit and make the journey back home more pleasant...













In the meantime the crew had time to relax and walk around...

Here are the Admiral and the Captain...














or run a bit...







or even get wet...



Hey Joso!!! Is the water cold?





It was starting to get late, so, finally we headed home...














and arrive to Richmond while enjoying an awesome sunset!!!













Here is a Google Earth image of this trip's route...













Happy cruising to all!!!

No comments: