Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Secret Cove Cruise

Shhhhhhhhhh!!! Don't tell anyone where we went because it is a secret!!!

OK, I guess the title already told everybody where we went!

The Captain, the Admiral, the seaman recruits and Sherlock came to get me ready and we departed from my slip around 6 pm Friday May 16, and headed through the Fraser towards Plumpers Cove.















Plumpers Cove is located on Keats Island right across from Gibsons, BC in the Sunshine Coast.


Here I was rafting to Forever's port side and Haven in the starboard side.













One of the delights of being on "the hook" is that the crew has to use the dinghies to go ashore... Here is the AYC Commodore and Forever's Captain taking Antonio, Eduardo and Sherlock ashore... Did you notice that Sherlock is soaked?... He jumped of the boat trying to get onto the dinghy in the back where were two of his four legged friends!


After an awesome breakfast on board of Forever, the crew took me off the raft and we all headed towards Secret Cove...


Right before Secret Cove there is this MAGIC PLACE called Smuggler Cove. It is a Provincial Marine Park with a very narrow entrance. I was afraid that my skipper was going to take me into the rocks!








Here I am getting ready to leave Smuggler Cove... You can see how narrow the channel looks like!

It deserves to come back again and drop my anchor and stern tie here!

Did you hear me Captain? Are you already making plans to come back?


Once in Secret Cove Marina I was comfortably tied at the dock right in front of my new friend "Haven", to my port side I had "Misty Lady" and to my starboard side I had "Stainle$$ Steal" and "Forever"













The kids had a blast, fishing, swimming, racing with the dinghies...

















Yes Antonio, we know! you are an awesome fisherman!... Hey Joaquim, why are you making fun of your brother?


Meanwhile the adults were suffering and making sacrifices... Someone had to eat that nasty gourmet food!









And Sherlock was watching making sure everyone had fun!














We head back to Richmond Monday morning with a small detour to see Buccaneer Bay and a stop at Gibsons Marina for lunch and to let the bad weather pass by... We finally pull into my slip at Vancouver Marina around 5 pm... And now I am waiting patiently for our next cruise...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey: here are two more crew members from mexico!!! We want to go with you on your next cruise, including Sherlock, of course, and the gourmet food. Nini and Papego